Game Version 0.1.1.1
Hi everyone! As I mentioned in my post earlier this week it’s been a huge week for The Adventurer’s Guild. A huge number of new features have been introduced since the start of the month. Here is my summary of all the changes:
Trading (Launches 8 Nov @ 12AM UTC):
THIS FEATURE IS DM ONLY
One of the first big features of this update is that player to player trading is now possible!
To take part in a trade, DM the game bot !trade. The bot will provide you with an eight digit link code (for example: 72959503). Get the person you want to trade with to DM the bot !trade 72959503 and it will connect you both to make a trade.
Trading is a turn-based process and works like this:
- Player A (who started the trade) chooses what they will offer in the trade (up to 4 items)
- Player B (who accepted the trade) chooses what they will offer in the trade (up to 4 items)
- Both players are sent the offers, as well as the detailed information about any crafted items
- Player A confirms they wish to make the trade, Player B also confirms they want to make the trade
- The trade occurs
Actions (Live for Patrons – Launches for everyone 7 Nov @ 12AM UTC):
- !actions and !view-actions must now be used in the server, not DMs
- New actions:
- Mage Bolt [Slot 1, 1MP] – A weak blast of magic that does decent damage
- Mana Surge [Slot 2, 0MP] – Regain 2MP and charge up to do extra damage on your next turn
- Mystic Defense [Slot 3, 6MP] – Focus your power into a magical barrier – for 5 turns, incoming damage is reduced by 1/4 of your maximum MP
- Frost [Slot 4, 2MP] – Chill your enemy with icy air, inflicting damage and lowering their chance to hit you on their next turn.
- Shock [Slot 4, 3MP] – Zap your foe, potentially paralyzing them for 2 turns and preventing them from acting
- Burn [Slot 5, 6MP] – Inflict heavy damage with a wave of fire, causing your opponent to take a small amount of burn damage for 5 turns.
- Actions now auto-equip when you change weapon or your weapon breaks
- New items:
- Staff Template – combine with 1 or 2 sticks as primary and secondary material to make a Wooden Staff, which is required for many of the magic actions
- All enemies now have a chance to drop Staff Templates and Iron
- Viewing crafted items now shows who crafted them.
- Every action now displays flavour text
- Your title can now be removed using !set-title None
- !quests now has the same functionality as !view-quests
- Starter actions are available with the command !give-combat-pack
- !update-name now works differently – just type your new name after the command.
More weapon and armor recipes
Alchemy and Cooking recipes
Rare loot drops
That wraps up these design notes – Let me know what your favourite part of the update is on twitter @alwayseverywhen
Until next time,